Hello! I’m alive! 😀 Well, sort of. My hiatus is still semi-ongoing, but I decided to check in and share something tasty I had last week or so, because I rather miss blogging and Facebook of all things gave me a guilt trip about not posting regularly. :p It’s not really smoothie bowl weather at the moment but I persevere in the face of yumminess, so I’ve been taking a lot of hot showers after lunch or breakfast these days just to get my body temperature back up. The things we do for food…Life has been pretty hardcore up to recently: I had a massive editing project to finish, along with the work at school and other crazy things. In fact, I think I was going a little crazy but now I’m back to my semi-zen self at last. With so many things in turmoil I must admit baking and cooking for fun have totally taken a backseat to just keeping things afloat, but I’ve slowly begun to look forward to having time for those things again. Soon!Starting next week I begin a new job (more details in another post) and then I’ll have time at home to faff and indulge in blog stuff. I’ve been out of the loop on checking out everyone’s wonderful summer (and winter!) creations, but there really is nothing more relaxing (and hunger-inducing) than spending quality time each day going through the blogosphere gawking at all the magic everyone gets up to. This smoothie bowl is a modest offering, but it’s really the fanciest I can be at this point whilst I’m trying to figure out. Luckily the tasty simplicity makes up for everything!Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree, chilled
- 1 cup frozen zucchini slices
- 3/4 – 1 cup chilled water/non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp caramel flavouring
- 2 – 4 TBSP sweetener/NuNaturals coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP NuNaturals Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 3 TBSP protein powder of choice
- Chopped creamy chocolate bars to decorate
- Optional nuts or seeds
- Sliced bananas or fruit of choice
- Blend the frozen zucchini and water until smooth or broken down, starting off with 3/4 cup liquid and working your way up as necessary.
- Add all ingredients except the cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Pour out half your smoothie into a bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder to the rest of the mixture and blend until mixed.
- Stir into the bowl and top as desired.
I topped mine with creamy chocolate bars because chocolate is kind of ruling my life right now, possibly in response to things being all up in the air, which drives me crazy. I need to get all my stuff prepped for next week, like setting up a work station at home and finishing off at school this week. I think I should probably keep my expectations of myself at a more reasonable level, because often it feels like I set the bar sky-high and then get cranky when I don’t achieve everything accord to my ridiculous standards. Part of the reason I’m taking a break from blogging (just until the end of this month!) is to also reset my priorities and have fun with it again, instead of just creating dishes for the sake of a self-imposed posting schedule. Such silliness, brain!Is there anything I’ve missed out on recently that you’d like me to check out: new posts from you or someone else? I finally have time again for the internet and don’t even know where to start!