YAY! It’s finally here – a giveaway of my favourite brand of goodies: NuNaturals 😀 You may have seen it in the ingredient list of most of my recipes and there’s a reason for that. It is the most versatile range of products to give flavour and sweetness to my daily and special treats without the dread of sugar rushes and diabetes, and apart from that just tastes fabulous! Click below to enter the super easy, INTERNATIONAL giveaway! 😀
Before I get swept away with all the excitement, let me give you the low-down on what goes into this amazing lucky packet for each of the 4 winners:
x 1 bottle of the Vanilla NuStevia Pure Liquid
Are you getting chills yet? I am!
I’ve been on the NuNaturals train ever since winning a competition way back when and it’s been so much fun playing around with the texture of oat fibre, the fun of cocoa syrup and the blast of flavour from the different drops. Over time I’ve been experimenting with the other products such as the NoCarbs Blend and Simple Syrup and there’s always a reason to have these in the house, especially when you’re looking for a quick splash of sweetness. As a pre-diabetic it really is incredibly joyful as a food enthusiast to have such things about the house that don’t preclude me from enjoying homemade delights and share it with others who may also be sugar sensitive without qualms.I decided to do something super basic with the goodies I got in the mail this week. I actually squealed in the post office and then again at home as I was unpacking the monster back of goodies. It’s always difficult to know where to start or what to make first, because my instinct is usually to crack open a bottle of Cocoa Syrup or Cocoa Mint Syrup and just guzzle it straight from the bottle, because that’s how ladylike I am. Shockingly I decided to start off easy with a smoothie, but not just any smoothie!I finished up a protein powder mix recently that was hitting the spot for my morning cravings, since I was out of NuNaturals goodies, but once those were done and my package arrived I decided to play around and make my own morning mix (although now that it’s summer this will most likely be something to glomp through at least twice a day!).
Smoothie protein powder mix (makes enough for 3 servings):
- 2 packets NuStevia NoCarbs White Stevia Powder
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 3 TBSP hemp seeds
- 3 TBSP flaxseeds
- 1 TBSP spirulina
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- cinnamon & ginger
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup chopped lettuce or spinach
- 1 cup chilled water
- 2 droppers NuNaturals NuStevia Pure Liquid Vanilla
- pinch cayenne
- 1/3 portion of the protein powder mix
- Note: for a thicker smoothie bowl add 2 TBSP NuNaturals Oat Fibre.
Smoothie bowl extras:
- 1/3 cup buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 dropper NuNaturals NuStevia Pure Liquid Orange
- ginger and cinnamon to taste
- Blend your protein powder mix in a coffee or nut grinder until powdered.
- Blend your water and lettuce, then add the banana, NuStevia Vanilla, cayenne, and protein powder mix (as well as optional Oat Fibre). Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl mix your purée, NuStevia Orange and spices.
- Layer your groats, then the smoothie and pumpkin mix in alternate layers. Top with hemp seeds and frozen banana slices if desired.
- If you want to go all out add some drizzle drops of Cocoa Syrup!
I don’t know how I ever did smoothies, or most sweet treats really, without NuNaturals drops or products somewhere in the mix. It always adds a zing to anything I make, and is perfect to just bring a touch of sweetness to the tongue. When I run out of the drops especially it’s never quite the same to use normal alcohol- and sugar-based flavours, but that may just be because I’m completely spoilt 😉 One of the magical flavours which really brings pizzaz to my morning smoothies is the peppermint flavour, since the milder fruits such as papaya always require a little something extra. I’m also obsessed with the Cherry Vanilla because it makes everything taste like a slushy!I also played around with my shiny ingredients to make microwave cupcakes boasting different flavours – chocolate orange and banana split- yum!
- 2 TBSP flaxseed powder
- 2 TBSP NuNaturals Oat Fibre
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 dropper NuNaturals NuStevia Liquid Orange
- 1/4 tsp NuNaturals NoCarb Blend
- 2 TBSP non-dairy milk
- 2 TBSP purée of choice (applesauce, pumpkin or carrot work best)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 TBSP dark choc chips
- NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup to drizzle
- Mix dry, then mix wet. Scoop into a sprayed ramekin or microwave safe mug and heat for 2 – 2:30 minutes on a paper towel (temperatures vary according to microwaves)
- Drizzle over the syrup and serve.
- For the banana split sub the Liquid Orange with the Cherry Vanilla flavour, omit the zest and top with a mix of 1 TBSP finely chopped nuts, dried berries, 1 small sliced banana, sprinkles, and top with NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup.
I don’t usually make mug cakes but these are so ridiculously easy and healthy that I think I’m going to do it a lot more to get my cravings under control. NuNaturals Oat Fibre is also so low carb that it doesn’t actually exist at all, but has a wonderful, almost nutty taste and a texture which gels together really nicely with liquid and makes it creamy. I usually have a TBSP or two with soy milk and cinnamon in the evenings as a pre-bed snack, and it just hits all my spots, as humble as the combo might sound.The best part about the NuNaturals products is that you really don’t need to use a lot at a time to get flavour and sweetness, which means that a bottle of NuNaturals NuStevia Liquid drops can last a month or two and a big bag of Oat Fibre can easily stretch longer than that. I can’t say the same for the Cocoa Syrup, because I’m a glutton, but technically if you have more self control the same could apply :p I’ve been playing around quite a lot of late with the last of my batch of NuNaturals before my shiny new package came – check out the different ways in which a little goes a long way!
- No-bake neapolitan bars (GF)
- Superfood banana bread (GF)
- PB popcorn squares (GF)
- Cookie dough choc pops (GF)
Ok, so you’ve probably had enough of my nonsense – let’s get onto the serious business!
- I will randomly choose 4 winners who will EACH win the delightful products detailed at the beginning of the post, including the free bonus gift.
- The competition is open WORLDWIDE and NuNaturals will only be able to ship DIRECTLY to the winners (no P.O. boxes!).
- If you are chosen as one of the 4 winners I will contact you via email, after which you can send me your direct residential address and other such details.
- If I do not get a response after 48 hours via email after announcing the winners that person’s status as champ will be forfeit and I will choose another winner.
- Leaving a comment in response to the Rafflecopter question is mandatory – all other entries are for extra bonus points!
The competition opens today, 12 October 2015, and ends on 20 October at 00h00 GMT + 2. I’ll announce the winners on 21 October!
Click the link below to enter:
And just in case you want to get ahead of the game and buy yourself some NuNaturals products, you can get awesome discounts! When you get to the checkout page you can enter the discount code, BLG1215, and you will receive a -15% discount on the entire order. This discount remains effective until December 31, 2015. Online ordering customers may also receive FREE SHIPPING to the continental U.S. on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts. 😀
Good luck everyone, and happy Monday!