It’s finally here – my first ebook! This is 100% a labour of love and devotion to carrots, one of the main reasons I’m a delightful shade of yellow. 😀 100% vegan, gluten-free, and only 2 out of the 25 recipes are oldies – the rest are totally new and exclusive to the ebook. Carrots can hide in plain sight, and this ebook manages to use this awesome ingredient in subtle and berserk ways, as is only fitting for such a versatile veggie.
I’m super excited about this ebook – each one of these recipes is Man-thing tested and approved, and are pretty bladdy tasty, if I say so myself! The ebook covers breakfast, lunch/dinner, snacks and dessert – all the best things in life and all carrot-based.Some of the goodies you’ll find are:
- Berry hummus blender pancakes
- Carrot date nut muffins
- Baked carrot crackers
- Polenta carrot falafel
- Spiced carrot pizza
- Chia carrot sago pudding
- Jammy pecan bars
….and so much more!
Seriously, I think these are some of my favourite recipes ever, and the ebook is the only spot you’ll find them – they’re not going onto the recipes page, except for the Chocolate Orange Brownies which I’m going to share today, because oh man, goodness! Almost all the recipes are made with everyday ingredients, so they shouldn’t break the bank, and I was rather naughty and used a lot of carrot purée found in the baby aisle, but more enterprising chefs than I will just make their own for some of the recipes. Carrots are cheap all year round here by us which is why I chose it as my star ingredient, plus it has the added benefit of an amazing nutritional profile and versatility.
- ½ cup carrot purée
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup carob/cacao powder
- ¼ cup + 2 TBSP sugar of choice
- 2 TBSP flax powder
- ½ TBSP baking powder
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ TBSP blackstrap molasses (increase to 1 TBSP only if you’re ok with its deliciously powerful flavour)
- 1 tsp orange extract (increase to taste based on the brand you use – some are more potent than others)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole nuts, crushed (e.g. pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf pan.
- In your food processor blend the chickpeas and purée until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except baking powder and nuts. Blend until smooth and add more sugar to taste.
- Remove from stand and fold in baking powder and nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing as desired.
- 1 cup salted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup + 2 TBSP non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP agave syrup
- Blend until smooth and store in the fridge.
These admittedly didn’t last very long because, hello, chocolate and orange? Yes please! Delicious, nutty and just made uber decadent with the bold and bountiful macadamia cream, which is really the best sort of thing to have in the fridge and just blob onto everything in sight, especially boring breakfasts! Either way, this is just one small treat of many in the ebook, but everyone loves brownies so I figured this was a good starting point for those who feel carrots are pretty scary if not boiled beyond recognition. These brownies are so inviting and well-mannered that you’ll never doubt secret ingredients again!
Click the pic below to start your download!