Second breakfast/07h30: 2 TBSP soy protein powder + 1/4 cup soy milk + 1/2 cup hot water and cinnamonI had to take our foster mom cat Hera to the shelter to get sterilized and to unfortunately leave her there. I hadn’t gotten a peep out of anyone with interest to adopt, and I’m hoping she gets more exposure there. Meanwhile her four babies (about 9 weeks old now) are still with me and I’m hoping they can get uber socialized with her gone, especially Paris and Ajax, who are a bit anti-social. Paris is slowly coming around but Ajax plonks flat on the ground whenever I want to stroke him. He was the mommy’s boy of the lot, so we’ll see if this works. I absolutely HATE taking cats back to the shelter because I prefer to have them to home-to-home, but this is how it is I guess.
I also had to make missions to get our internet sorted, so the second breakfast was well needed to fortify against long queues and what not.
Tea-time/10h45: More of the delicious GF zucchini pumpkin pie (less than 50 calories a slice!), 1 low-cal sugar-free + wheat-free choc crunch cookie + Nespresso (look how frothy and dreamy it is – cow free!)Pre-lunch (I had serious munchies today)/11h45: lettuce, cucumber + lentil sprouts with nutritional yeast + some roasted carrots (these things are pure candy!)
Time: 15 minutes tops!
- 1/2 cup cannelini beans
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or sub with white wine)
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP mustard powder
- 1/2 TBSP onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 TBSP vegan white wine or water
- Spinach to serve
- red pepper flakes to serve
- Optional: green peas, diced roasted red pepper, pistachios and orange zest
- In a food processor or manually, grate your zucchini til super fine and set aside.
- Blend your beans, cider, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, parsley, nutritional yeast, mustard and onion powder with either soy milk or white wine until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan, water sauté your mushrooms for 5 minutes, then add your rice and zucchini and cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your bean sauce and mix, cooking a further 5 minutes, adding black pepper as needed and the 2 – 3 TBSP white wine or water and stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sides or just as is. It makes a super hearty meal for one but uber healthy!
Afternoon snack/15h30:: 1 granny smith apple, 2 TBSP soy powder + 1/4 cup soy milk + 1/2 cup boiling water and cinnamon.16h30 (munchies AGAIN): 2 brown rice crackers + 3/4 cup steamed pumpkin and spinach, hot water + 1 tsp carob powder
And there you have it! Friday, where are you my precious? /midweekdayblues