Ok, so I fully admit to not knowing what I was doing with this recipe, other than mushing stuff together, stacking other things, and generally frazzling about with ingredients. Worth it? I’d say so! 😀 This was just a quick lunch last week when there was precious little time to dedicate to something overly complicated, but it came out so delicious and tasty that I could easily doubled this…and eat it all myself! >:)
Ingredients (serves one):
- 1 cup raw coleslaw
- 1/2 cup steamed pumpkin, mushed with a fork
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 1 TBSP chopped peppadews
- Spices of choice (smoked paprika, ginger, cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, steamed
- 1/2 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- handful fresh coriander, chopped finely
- white pepper
- 1/2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 dropper NuNaturals Orange NuStevia liquid
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP boiling water.
- In a medium hot non-stick pan, fry together your coleslaw pumpkin mix for approx 7 – 10 minutes, adding spices and maybe even some apple cider vinegar if things start to stick to the pan. Plate on your serving plate and cover- leave it in the microwave even.
- In a food processor, blend together your chickpeas, pumpkin, broccoli, coriander and spices until mixed.
- Roll the mixture into four big heaped 1 TBSP balls of mix then let them cook on your non-stick pan for approx 5 a side until they get browned (they will be soft, don’t worry, these are soft fritters!)
- Meanwhile, mix together your drizzle sauce ingredients.
- Once everything’s cooked take out your serving dish, layer on the four fritters atop the coleslaw noms, and drizzle the sauce on top. Excellent!
Anyway, today’s post is short and sweet since we have SO much to prepare for in advance to tomorrow’s Anniversary bbq. We’re a bit concerned for my FIL’s health, so if he doesn’t feel well by then I figure we just cancel and bring them food and demand he undertake bed-rest!