After my delightful lunch-time pizza yesterday I simply didn’t have enough space in my pouch for a smoothie on the side as I had planned, so I decided to combine my lunch and afternoon snack smoothies into one. You can bet this is the most awesome, filling, smoothest thing I’ve yet made and I didn’t stop enjoying myself until I finished up the nearly four cups of nomness!
Uber portion for 1!
- 1 cup steamed then frozen pumpkin cubes
- 1/3 cucumber, peeled then sliced, frozen
- 1 small red apple, cored and sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen mango bits, diced
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup chilled water
- 1 huge handful of spinach, de-stemmed
- ginger, cinnamon and cayenne spice
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 TBSP hemp protein powder
- Blend the milk, water and spinach first till the spinach is liquified (not too long!). Add in the rest of your ingredients and go wild! My blender isn’t very strong so I add a bit, blend, add a bit more, etc.
Nom! Seriously, this is a smooth, milk-shakey delight packed with so much nutritional goodness – the portion size is huge but this is meant to be a meal unto itself. My smoothie portions are usually half of this, but luckily, what with the frozen pumpkin and cucumber, I still get to keep within my daily fruit portions and indulge myself simultaneously. In fact, I’m sure this would make a great base for an ice-cream! *drool*